Korea House in Chiang Mai


Sundubu-jjigae (순두부찌개)

Just by chance, while I took a walk around Chiang Mai city, near old market (Warorot Market), and the old city (Chiang Mai Moat), I've found one of the best home cooked Korean restaurant.

The place is called "Korea House" (บ้านเกาหลี), run by a wonderful Korean lady from Seoul who told me that this restaurant was opened in early 2000s, now it is over 15 years.

Kimchi taste very authentic and delicious as well as one of the seafood tofu stew (Sundubu-jjigae (순두부찌개) that I ordered. It came with cod roes as well. Side dishes were well made and I have been told that it will be changed everyday. Radish kimchi was available as well, considered it is very rare in Thailand even in Bangkok to find this radish kimchi, Kkakdugi (깍두기).

I will go back there again soonest to try more dishes there. She served simple food but so far all dishes I've tried taste so good. I can see bigger portion than any other Korean restaurant in Thailand served.


--EOF--


 

Tribute




"FAREWELL TO THE KING RAMA IX, THE GREATEST KING OF KING..."

Read more in "KING RAMA IX"

------P.Vajrasthira-----

Twitter Updates




"I DON'T TWEET" - QUOTED FROM KIMI RAIKKONEN, my all time favourite F1 driver

Read more in "@Polthorn"

------P.Vajrasthira-----

Meet The Author




"Mathematician and Computer Scientist who spend most of time doing other things..."

Read more in "About"

------P.Vajrasthira-----